We know. In these Coronavirus times, we are all stuck at home feeling in a dystopian novel. Quarantine times can be frustrating and the temptation to dive into another bag of chips, while obsessively reading the latest catastrophic news is very high. But the truth is this quarantine will, unfortunately, continue for a while. And we need to preserve both our mental and physical health, finding joy and calmness in small everyday actions that can bring us some distraction in these dark times. And let’s be honest, “Hey, it seems you gained some weight!” is the last thing we want to hear in our post-corona gatherings. So, we decided to share with you our employees’ top-three selection of home workouts you need in this quarantine. As a sports brand, we need to give a good example! 😉 And remember! Always listen to your body if it gets too much, make sure you warmed up properly before starting and don’t forget your stretching afterwards!
The no-jump workout
Are you stuck with an annoying downstairs neighbour complaining about how much you are walking from one room to the other? So, we are. That’s why put together this apartment-friendly, downstairs neighbour-proof workout, totally free of jumping. This sequence is optimal for toning your legs, glutes, and abs! 🍑 This circuit can be performed up to 3 times, depending on your fitness level.
- Triceps dips – 10 reps. Pro-tip: simply use a chair or sofa to lift yourself!
- Plank – 30-60 sec.
- Squat – 20 reps.
- Lounge – 10 dips per leg. Note: remember to hold the position for 2 breaths!
- Superman – 10 reps. Hold each extension for a minimum of 3 seconds.
- Russian twist – 10 reps per side. Make these abs work. Pro-tip: you can hold a book in your hands to make it harder!
- Glute bridge – 10 reps per side. Hold each bridge for 3 seconds. Pro-tip: try to extend each leg up!
- Wall Sit – 30 – 60 seconds. Don’t cheat and try to make a 90-degree angle with the wall!
Are you looking for high-intensity training? 🔥 Our website savvy and fitness expert Saule
shared her favourite circuit training in this post
. This training is perfect if you want to burn more calories in a shorter period. The circuit can be repeated 2-3 times depending on your fitness level.
- Jump Squats with - 10 reps. Extra-burn tip: add a pulse at the bottom in between squats
- Lunges or Jump Lunges - 10 reps per side. Extra-burn tip: you can hold on to a book for extra weight
- Pushups with a shoulder tap - 5 reps. Beginners-tip: keep your knees on the ground if you are just starting
- High-knee jumps – 30 sec. Run in place while lifting your knees as high as possible!
- Triceps Dips – 10 reps.
- Mountain Climbers – 30 to 60 sec.
Curiosity: this workout raises your post-workout metabolic rate. This means that, if you survive the workout, you will be burning calories while resting afterwards too!
Are you looking for a full-body workout with less intensity than the one above? Our Anders Tærsløv Berg
, football coach, and sports-enthusiast, kindly shared with us the workout routine he gave to his athletes while waiting to go back on the football court! A short, and effective warm-up – to be repeated twice:
- 30-sec jumping jacks
- 30-sec High Knees w. opposite arm lifted
- 30-sec kick bump w. opposite arm lifted
Followed by the following exercises:
- Plank - 30 sec.
- Squats - 20 reps.
- Vertical leg lift - 10 rep.
- Sit up - 10 rep.
This second section can also be repeated twice to increase the intensity!
Still lacking the motivation?
We know, it’s hard to discipline yourself. But hey, we put all our sports socks on sale
. Maybe that can be an extra boost! 😉 For more articles on endurance sports, a healthy lifestyle, and self-development visit www.danishendurance.com/stories
. For quality products that help improve your performance visit www.danishendurance.com/shop